DRCOG RideSmart Thursdays
Thank you for your interest in RideSmartThursdays! While we will not be having an official campaign in 2008, we hope you will continue to Ride Smart.
- 8,000 participants pledged to commute differently one day a week
- 92 businesses across the metro area joined the challenge
- Total vehicle miles reduced during the campaign was estimated to be 1,404,763
- Estimated reduction in regulated emissions was 83,698 pounds
What is RideSmartThursdays?
RideSmartThursdays is a FREE community campaign that encourages participants to pledge to commute differently just one day a week, either Thursday or any day that works best.
- Save time and money compared to driving your own car
- Fewer vehicles on the road mean everyone gets where they’re going faster
- Less congestion means a safer, less stressful commute
- Options like walking and biking are good for your health and fitness
- Fewer vehicles and less gridlock improves our air quality
Try any of these great commuting options just one day a week or more:
Vanpooling is a great alternative for groups of five or more who travel more than 15 miles one way. RideArrangers provides the van, fuel, insurance, maintenance and the Guaranteed Ride Home. Call 303-480-6755 for more information or log onto DRCOG.org and click on RideArrangers.
RTD operates 175 bus routes with over 10,000 bus stops, 66 park-n-ride locations and 49 light rail vehicles serving 23 stations. Visit RTD-Denver.com to plan your trip.
Ride your bike and catch a bus! Storage lockers and bike racks are available at many park-n-Ride locations and transit stations, and all RTD buses are equipped with front-end bike racks. For more information on rules of the road, click on Colorado Bicycling Manual.
The Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) RideArrangers program, offers a free ride-matching service to help you find carpool partners. Log onto DRCOG.org to sign up.
GUARANTEED RIDE HOME
Guaranteed Ride Home: This program offers vanpool and RTD EcoPass customers a free cab ride home from the office in case of an emergency or schedule change. It is also available to employers for purchase as an add-on service. For more information, call 303-480-6755.
Get your company to set up a telework program and work from home! Call RideArrangers at 303.480.6725 to find out how your company can get started.
consider walking to your destination, bus stop, park-n-Ride or light rail station.
Pledge online now by clicking on the Pledge button above and completing the pledge form.